Contents

Bicep Resource Not Found

Bicep stopped deploying with this error

I’m trying to deploy a resource group which has two storage accounts in it with this PowerShell command using a bicep template:

1
New-AzResourceGroupDeployment -ResourceGroupName $resourcegroupName -TemplateFile .\azuredeploy.bicep -TemplateParameterFile .\azuredeploy.test.parameters.json
Error
New-AzResourceGroupDeployment: Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. Build succeeded: 0 Warning(s), 0 Error(s)

I haven’t made any code changes, just not deployed this resource for a while. I decided to update bicep to the latest version (at the time of writing is Bicep CLI version 0.4.412 (f1169d063e)).

I still get the same error, so I update the PowerShell Az module to the latest version too. Now when I try my command again, getting a different error:

Error

New-AzResourceGroupDeployment: The deployment ‘azuredeploy’ failed with error(s). Showing 1 out of 1 error(s).

Status Message: The Resource ‘Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts/backupsacdukcjkaykm’ under resource group was not found.

I check my bicep template and all is fine. However I look up the storage accounts documentation and check the API versions. I see that there’s a later API version than the one I’m using so update to the latest.

I just had to change line 1 in the code below

Code before

 1
 2
 3
 4
 5
 6
 7
 8
 9
10
11
12
resource saResources 'Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts@2021-01-01' = [for sa in storageAccounts: {
  name: '${sa.namePrefix}${uniqueString(resourceGroup().id)}'
  location: location
  tags: tags
  sku: {
    name: 'Standard_LRS'
  }
  kind: 'StorageV2'
  properties: {
    accessTier: sa.accessTier
  }
}]

Code after

 1
 2
 3
 4
 5
 6
 7
 8
 9
10
11
12
resource saResources 'Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts@2021-02-01' = [for sa in storageAccounts: {
  name: '${sa.namePrefix}${uniqueString(resourceGroup().id)}'
  location: location
  tags: tags
  sku: {
    name: 'Standard_LRS'
  }
  kind: 'StorageV2'
  properties: {
    accessTier: sa.accessTier
  }
}]

Now when I deploy, it works fine.

Send a micro-payments tip. Try it!